Hello! This is Ms Joe along with Joe (I type faster!) I have been researching for him for a couple of weeks online and am trying not to go into panic mode with the recent changes regarding the patent situation in India and now the warning statement from Australian authorities. I have unfortunately made lots of inquiries in all the wrong places and am being bombarded with emails and even phone calls from India that are probably scams. I'm glad to find this forum and I know this question has been asked before, but it seems that things change rapidly in this hepc world....
His hepatologist is adamant that he needs 24 weeks of therapy, but insurance will only cover 12 weeks. He has contraindications to ribavirin. He has started treatment after waiting several months on the appeals process. We will get his administrative law judge decision next week, but are preparing for the worst. He must obtain the balance before he runs out of med in 9 weeks.
So....what's his best bet?... we need to do this right the first time before he runs out of med - he's a pretty sick guy. I'll be pushing him in a wheelchair. I'm no world traveler - have never been out of the country but I don't mind taking him if that's the best way. We've already applied for expedited passports....We're most comfortable with Indian generics, mainly because I think our doctor will be more accepting. There is no way this doctor is going to give him a prescription for the generic. Greg's journal of sitting at the hotel room waiting on the med scares the hell out of me.....I've seen Honduras mentioned - has anyone done it? He speaks fluent Spanish so that would help I'm sure...
I'm worried if we try to ship and it gets delayed that we will not have time to get the trip scheduled. I don't have all of his info yet, but FYI he is GT1b, VL 14mill ALT292 AST98 compensated cirrhosis. Any advice is appreciated. This is a nightmare. Thank you in advance.
fibrotest 0.73 (f3/f4)
acti test 0.93 A3
VL 14,660,000+ (Jan 2016)
Started Harvoni 5/16/16
5/31/16 VL 239